Display

Display

Monday, October 10, 2011

Working with a new family!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Hi Mom,

Well not much time on the computer today as I had to e-mail some pictures for the Christmas video. I put one of Lauro's baptism and then one of me and Sister Singleton in our biking helmets so it's going to be sweet! Well seems like I have lots to tell you in the little time that I have left on the computer. This week has been really long but it's all good. I have learned lots about relying on the Lord and having Him be my best friend and that things happen for a reason!

This past week we met a really cool part-member family and they are the Greenwalts and they are just so awesome! Love them! They have an 18 month old, a 7 month old and one on the way. Brother Greenwalt has been a member since he was 19 but he left the church a long time ago and hasn't been back since. His brother is a member as well and is active and has been telling Brother Greenwalt to get back to church for his family and for himself. We got the referral from the Bishop to go see them and he got the referral from Brother Greenwalt’s brother! So we went to go see them and things have been going really good. Sister Greenwalt is not a member and is Baptists but she wants to know about our church and have us teach her and answer her questions which is so awesome! We did a church tour with them and well the Church tour didn't go so well just because of having small kids but I know that they felt the Spirit in the Church and that's so important! So tonight we are going to their home for dinner and then I came up with an idea for an activity to do with the kids; we are going to use paint and paint our feet and put it on paper and talk about how important it is to follow the prophet! Fun Family Home Evening don’t you think! So excited! Brother Greenwalt asked us to help his family to start Family Home Evening so I jumped right to it and said “Okay, well this coming Monday let’s do it and not wait a minute longer!” So that's what we are doing tonight! They were supposed to come to church yesterday but, sad day, they didn't come and I was sad because I really wanted Sister Greenwalt to come so she could hear the testimonies! They were really powerful and just so amazing! But we will see tonight why they didn't come yesterday! But I'm so excited for this family! Our goal is to see them twice a week to help them come unto Christ and to feel the Spirit and to have them build a relationship with our loving Heavenly Father. I am so, so excited!!!!

I got to interpret for Church yesterday at the beginning of our Sacrament meeting until a member came to interpret! Then this member had to go to primary because she does the music and the primary program is coming soon so she couldn't miss primary yesterday! So for both classes I had to tell Karen what's up lol! And man that was so much fun! I just wish I knew more sign language!

Something else really cool is that we are going to be working with the ASL Missionaries to reteach Karen the lessons! How Cool!!! I can't wait; we start on Thursday! It's going to be so much fun! I love working with Karen and I love her dearly! I'm so thankful to be a part of her and her friend’s life. Her friend lives in the other ward and she is hard of hearing too! It’s fun being able to communicate with the deaf! The reason Karen has not been coming to church in the past was because no one could tell her what's going on but now we have a couple members who know sign language and so we can help her testimony grow so much stronger! Karen told the ASL missionaries she doesn't understand a whole lot about the gospel so she is still learning! But over time I know by working with her that it will all work out in the end! :) So it's going to be super awesome! Can't wait to learn more Sign Language and to help Karen out!

Well let’s see what else has been going on! Hmmm. Oh yeah, I got to go to La Porte!!!! I got to do exchanges with Sister Henson and that was lots of fun and I got to see some wonderful family members! They were so excited to see me again and I was so excited to see them! Super fun! I got to see Lauro and boy he was so excited; he just lit up when he saw me. He is doing good, but it's sad because he isn’t going to church much and he hasn't been reading like he should be so I really told him that he needs to continue to go to church and read and that the Lord is going to bless him so much! And it's sad because he missed General Conference too and I was pretty bummed out about that! But I told him that I would tell the Sisters to get him a November Ensign so he can read the talks because they are so important to read as well and to learn from them! I also got to see Sister Gale and Sister Mitchell and other great people in La Porte! Oh I also had lots and lots of fun with the Smiths mom! I got to have breakfast over at their home on Saturday and we had yummy blueberry pancakes! I got talking with Brother Smith about a sweet motorcycle he is going to be selling and he fixed it up all with new parts and is going to sell it. Well I told him I'm interested but I just got to figure out the money; so I have lots of work to do when I go home to save money for a bike! LOL! It's going to be red! Super Cute! So mom don't worry I'll be safe on the motorcycle! :) He even printed me a picture of the bike so I can put it on my planner! LOL! I'll copy it and send it to ya so you can see what it looks like!

Well mom I love you lots. I have to e-mail President Crawford and then get going! But oh yeah, I got Aunt Sarah's package! Luckily it was safe and no one had got into it! Thank goodness! But it was so awesome! I got Japanese candy and a cute shoe to hold pens and markers and candy and just lots of love and letters! It was so nice! I'm going to write them and to thank them for the cool package! All my family is the BEST!!!! Well I love you and have a good week and I will write to ya'll soon!

Love Sister Hawkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment