Display

Display

Monday, August 1, 2011

A fond farewell to La Porte ... She has been transferred!

Monday, August 01, 2011

Dear Mom,

Wow, well can you believe it! I left La Porte Texas! Sad Day! I love the people so much in La Porte and I really love the members and the people that we have been working with! We really had a lot of people come up in the last week and people to start teaching and it's sad my time came to an end in La Porte! But I knew it was time to leave! Boy can I just say how hard it was to say good bye to everyone! Man I cried buckets of tears but I got addresses to keep in touch and I took pictures and I hope that I get time today to send you some! I got a really pretty flower lei from Sister Taylor, the ward missionary that comes out with us! It's super cute and I want to keep it but I just don't know how to press or keep some of it, but I am sure I will find a way! There was a less active member that drove us to the temple on Tuesday to help us save miles and well, she bought me the new men’s Mormon Tabernacle cd. I don't know the name of it but I'm super excited because when I was in La Porte Elder Walker had that cd and I loved it, and well I got it! It was a surprise to me; when I came to say good bye she gave me the cd! I thought that was so sweet of her! But I just love La Porte! It was sad to say good bye to the Prigmores! I just love that family! But I know that we planned for me to come back so I can go sky diving!! I know right! Super fun I just can't wait! It's gonna be good! :) But it was neat to have the time to say good bye to everyone, well almost everyone, but the good thing is that I am now in Baytown and we do exchanges with La Porte, so in a couple weeks I can go back to La Porte and see some people that I couldn't see! Super cool uh! :)

Well I am now in Baytown, Texas! My new Address is:

305 West Baker Rd. Apt. #1215
Baytown, TX 77521

I am companions with Sister Sarah Hatch and she is from Utah … another Utah gal! LOL. I must say I am a little nervous because I have heard a few things but I am going in with an open heart and mind and we will see what happens, but I know if there are struggles I will turn to the Lord and He is really going to help me out so much! But I am excited for a new area! Even though I loved La Porte so much I think I was getting burned out. It's time for a new start, some new experiences and to meet new people and help them come closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! So I am excited. I am going to come in this new area of Baytown and I will be open and outgoing and not shy and quiet like I have done with my last area's and I think I am ready to really go to work and do lots of work for the Lord before my time is up in a few months! I can't believe I only have 5 transfers left! That is super crazy! And so I know time is going to fly. I just might be here in Baytown for the rest of my mission or I might have one more area after this, who knows, the Lord only knows and I will go where ever He wants me to go!

We went to the temple this past Tuesday and can I just say I just love the temple so so so MUCH! It was such a wonderful blessing to go this last week and to really feel God's love for me! At the beginning of the session I was crying for a bit because the spirit was just bringing me so much peace and comfort and I just needed that! It was just so wonderful and do you know what else mom!!! President and Sister Crawford were there and that was such a blessing! It was super cute … Sister Crawford saw me and she just got so excited to see me and to give me such a big hug and that felt so good! I just love her! She is such a great person and she is just the best! It was so great to see President Crawford too! He is the coolest guy, even with his big bushy eye brows, but hey that is okay! He is just a sweet teddy bear and not a mean scary looking one! LOL! But it was a wonderful day.

I got some neat stuff at the store "This is the Place." I got some scriptures references to help me with Preach My Gospel and they are really cool! It's neat in lessons to teach and to use those scriptures! Its super fun the stuff I got! The less active member who drove us really enjoyed seeing the Temple; she can’t go inside but by just being there and having the time to read her scriptures out in the car and being near the temple she felt the spirit so that was really cool! I'm glad she could come with us! Sister Wilmoth is such a sweet lady; she has come really far and she bought some new scriptures that are big print so she can read and she is just excited to read them because she can see them better, so that is super cool! She even came to church a week ago so that was cool! I was so glad she came because I have been helping her since January and to finally see her come to church … can I just say wow! It was so cool! I love seeing people change when we take the time to help them read the scriptures and share with them the Gospel. Their lives change and it's the best! I am just loving it! And being in a new area and wondering who I am going to meet … it's going to be good!

Hmmm.... What else can I tell you? Oh the pictures! Can I just say I loved all the pictures you emailed me today mom from your visit the Melanie and her family! I can't believe all the cool stuff ya'll did! I am super sad I wasn't there but I know when I come home we will do fun stuff together. I can't believe how much people change! Everyone looks so different! It's just super crazy, but people change over time. It's like me teaching the Gospel; people change and it's so neat to watch the process and to see them realize the blessings that they are missing out on and to help them find it in their life … it's just so cool! Being a missionary is just a wonderful experience to have in my life because I am just learning and growing so much! I hope and pray that Kadie and Ella and Zaebyn and Rylee and the new little one that is coming into the family will have the desire to serve a mission because it's the best opportunity to have in your life; it's going to help prepare me for the future, I just know it is, even though some days it may not feel like it but I just know it will! :)

Well mom my time is running short and I have no time to send pictures. Sorry for the short letter but its transfer day and so it's super busy. But I love you and I will write to you soon! Thanks for the package! Thanks for all the love and the support, it truly helps me every day!

Love Sister Hawkins

This is a picture I posted a couple weeks ago of
Sister Hawkins and Sister Hatch during exchanges.

No comments:

Post a Comment