Display

Display

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Phone Call

Sorry there was no posting this past week from Sister Hawkins; her zone went crabbing for p-day and so she did not get a chance to email. She did mail me a letter but I have still not received it so I will probably have a couple of letters to post this next week.

We had a wonderful Christmas phone call from Emily today; we talked for close to an hour. A few tears at the beginning and at the end but for the most part, she sounded wonderful! Due to modern technology and three-way calling on our cell phones, Emily was also able to talk with Rachel and Melanie. Before saying our goodbyes, Emily was treated to a darling rendition of the Chipmunk’s Christmas song by her nieces Kadie and Ella. Needless to say, that was a perfect way to end our Christmas phone call ... Emily loves being an aunt!

Sister Hawkins asked me to express her love and gratitude to everyone for all their love and support. She knows she could not be doing this without all your prayers and letters. I told her everyone would be wondering about our Christmas phone call and asked her if I could tell them she was loving her mission yet and she said, “Yes, I am loving my mission. It is really hard but I am loving it!” That was by far the best Christmas gift I received today! I have been waiting to hear that Emily is loving her mission. It was actually kind of funny, after Emily said that, both Rachel and I jokingly asked Emily if she would say that again so we could record it! LOL

I too want to express my gratitude to all of you who follow this blog and pray for Emily and send her words of encouragement. She was overwhelmed with all the cards and packages she received during the holidays. You all give her so much strength.

As this year comes to a close we, the Hawkins Family, thank our Heavenly Father for all our many blessings and for this amazing opportunity Emily has been given to serve in the Texas Houston East Mission. We count all of you as blessings in our lives and in Sister Hawkins’ life and want to wish you all a wonderful 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment