Friday, March 2, 2012


After flight delays, changed itinerary, and a snow storm in Salt Lake, Emily finally made it home about 10:00 p.m. That would not have been so bad except it took another hour and a half and two more flights arriving from Salt Lake to actually locate her luggage!

We had a wonderful time at the airport and considering the lateness of the hour, she still had many great friends and most of her family to welcome her home. Emily is doing well. Due to the lateness of her arrival, she actually got to spend an extra day as a missionary wearing her name tag as she was not released until the following day at 6:30 p.m.

She is now officially released and trying to settle back into her life. For the most part she is doing well but there are moments when it is hard. She dearly misses her mission and also the missionary life and routine, and then of course there are all those questions of “What do I do now?” Lots of decisions to be made in the near future. She has an amazing glow about her though and we are all so grateful to have her home safe and sound. She is one of the most amazing people I know and I am so proud of her and am truly grateful to be able to call her my daughter.

Emily plans to get on her blog sometime and write her own final entry so be sure to check back in a few days or in a week or so.

I know I have said it many times before but we truly are grateful for all the love and support Emily has received both in preparing to serve her mission and during her mission. All missionaries have support, some more then others, but we are pretty sure the amount of letters, support and prayers that Emily received would rank pretty close to the top!! We will always be forever grateful.

For those who would like to send Emily a personal message, she has a new email account at houstonladybird@gmail.com

Emily will report her mission on Sunday, March 11th at 11:00 a.m. at the Shelley 8th Ward (184 N Park)

Here are some fun pictures from the last couple of days!

All her friends anxiously awaiting for her!
(Thanks Danee for helping me make the sign!)

Melanie and the girls were hiding behind the signs!

Totally suprised her ... she had no idea Melanie and
the girls were going to be at the airport!

It had been a long day for Kadie and Ella
(They woke up that day wanting to go to the airport right then!)

New neice Rylee not too sure about all this!

Catching up with all her friends!

Still in shock so many people showed up ... not sure what to say or do!

Her sister Rachel from Salt Lake made it to the airport too!

After such a long day she was really excited
to get a jamba juice thanks to Rachel and Jackson!

Neice Ella trying out Aunt Lou's cowboy hat!

Neice Kadie likes it too!

Dear friend Danee!

Signs to welcome home Aunt Lou!

Yay! She did it!!!

Next day ... still waiting to be released!

Flying the Texas flag in honor of her mission!

Toured the Musuem of Idaho while waiting to be released!

Neice Rylee finally gets her turn with the hat!


No comments:

Post a Comment