Display

Display

Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday, September 12, 2011

This week is just going to be pictures from Emily. She wrote me an email but nothing really for the blog. Unfortunately she is really struggling right now. I think every missionary has at least one companion they don’t seem to mesh with and that is what is happening with Emily. She is trying to remain positive and trust in her Heavenly Father that they will somehow be able to make this work. Transfers were today and she was really hoping there would be a switch but it did not happen. She figures she has not learned what she needed to learn yet and she needs to be humbled.

She is turning to the Lord, the Priesthood, her Mission President and the scriptures. Shortly after finding out she was going to be with her companion another six weeks and feeling discouraged, she wrote in her journal some of her feelings and then felt impressed to read her scriptures and found a scripture that she said just “pierced her heart so much!!” The scripture is found in 1 Nephi 9:6 and it said”

"But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning: wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fufilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen."

After sharing this scripture with me she wrote: “I just felt the Spirit and that God does know and He is somehow preparing that path for me and I just have to be willing to bear the burdens and the sorrows that I have now on my mission to be able to overcome all these things! And this is so hard, it's so hard to keep pressing forward but somehow and in some way I am going to get through this. The Lord has provided a way for me to come this far and to have many experiences and trials; I know there is more for me to learn and I am gonna make it.”

Please keep Emily and her companion in your prayers. There is a great work to be done in Baytown and that is truly what Emily wants to be doing is serving the Lord.

Enjoy her pictures.


Zone P-Day

Cool sunglasses and hat - Zone P-Day

Those in our zone who had served in
La Porte, Deer Park, and Passadena

Entire Zone except the actual Zone Leaders

Sister Hawkins and Elder Marlar (district leader)

Meatloaf -- the Texas way!

Hermna Rivera and Sister Hawkins
(Worked together during an exchange)

Washing Sister Schambergers dog!

All done!

Baytown District

No comments:

Post a Comment